Noise Pollution is the disturbing or excessive noise that may harm the activity or balance of human or animal life.
Causes of Noise Pollution
The source of most outdoor noise is mainly caused by machines, transportation systems, and loud music in public transport, motor vehicles, aircraft, and trains. Indoor noise is caused by machines, building activities, music performances, and especially in some workplaces.
Effects of Noise Pollution
Some of the effects of Noise Pollution are as:
- It interferes with speech.
- Noise leads to emotional and behavioral stress.
- Noise may permanently damage hearing.
- Noise increases the chances of occurrence of diseases such as headache, blood pressure, heart failure, etc.
- Noise is a problem especially for patients who need rest.